IT Services Support TechnicianLocation- Abuja, Nigeria.
Techspecialist Consulting Limited is a technology service delivery company that offers managed IT services for Government, Private and Non-governmental organizations. One of our clients (an iNGO) whose focus is to promote equality and challenge discrimination, improving people’s health, wellbeing and eradicate poverty across the world required the service of an IT Services support technician who is talented, organized and enthusiastic in providing end-user support services at her Nigeria office. This is an exciting opportunity to support the mission of our client which seeks to unlock the possibility inside every individual irrespective of the race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, all lives have equal value. We welcome and encourage applications from all eligible candidates.
We value difference and promote equality just as our clients. Thus, we strongly encouraged qualified female candidates to apply.
The role requires a solid understanding of end-user support for seamless computing experience of users. The individual will have at least 3-5 years of experience providing IT services support for users in similar organisations.
- Proactive IT onboarding of new internal staff members joining the organisation.
- Provide IT training and awareness to staff, give clear instruction, help and support to users.
- Setting up and configuring the appropriate equipment required by new starters and existing employees required for them to do their jobs.
- Escalates support issues and incident to level 2 support team.
- Liaise with other regional IT support team members to ensure consistency in support delivery.
- Providing high-quality support experience for users during and after the hours of operation.
- Fulfilling any IT service requests in line with customer expectations and needs.
- Providing telephone support remotely, help to resolve IT issues through effective diagnosis, technical actions and customer focus.
- Applying IT knowledge and experience to troubleshoot and support technical issues with in-house tools, software and hardware.
- Coordinate new IT equipment installations and ensure effective change management.
- Clearly captures and records appropriate and relevant technical information within the Service Management toolset
- Capture and document new learnings and knowledge, sharing this insight with colleagues to help them for current and future needs.
- Support and troubleshoot audio and video teleconferencing tools
- Maintain AV, VTC systems and Crestron control systems.
- Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and reporting equipment malfunctioning such as cameras, security doors, etc.
Essential skills & Knowlegde
- Ability to support remote and on-site workers using a variety of current communication technologies.
- Demonstrable experience in providing both face to face and remote telephony based customer service and IT technical support.
- Experience with end user support, desktop support, and technical skills around Windows OS & Office365.
- Experience in working under pressure dealing with colleagues or customers that require help, advice and IT technical support.
- Experience of working with vendor in order to fulfil customer needs.
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework (or equivalent), the IT support lifecycle, associated methodologies and their practical application.
- Knowledge of Zendesk and other relevant IT Service Management toolsets desirable.
- Certification in Microsoft technologies is desirable.
- VPNs, cloud and online web services, remote software management, firewalls, and general IT security.
- Knowledge of Active Directory is must (AD, DNS, DHCP)
- SharePoint Site administration
- Relevant IT Degree or its equivalent (3-5 years post NYSC experience)
- Industry certifications (specifically Microsoft etc)
- ITIL certification would be an advantage
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Self starter
- Exceptional in time management
- Organized and self-discipline
- Exceptional people skills
- Extroverted and outgoing
For the first three months of resumption, the successful candidate will work from home to support clients remotely.
Starting monthly salary
Perks of the Job
Technical & managerial knowlegde
This role provides an excellent opportunity to build up Technical and managerial knowledge as well as expertise and gain exposures.
At techspecialist we care a lot about your health and wellness, in accordance this role covers health and wellness benefits.
Learning & development
We place a strong emphasis on learning and development. You will be encouraged to undertake developmental trainings.